Digital Imagery

Digital Imagery
Captured on film

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Framework: Work and Paper/Craft and Ambience

Sixth Blog

Framework: Work and Paper/Craft:
Ambience
Peer Reviewing
References


This is my final blog entry and it will include the topics of the specific framework that my activity falls into: Work and the topic of ambience.
It will also include peer reviewing and the comments that I have posted regarding other students blogs and all literature that I have used throughout Part 1: Blog of this assignment.
In our most recent class we got into groups of which our activities fitted into either:
Food, Paper or Play frameworks.

My activity of hebel sculpture is considered under the framework of Paper/Craft.
Within this framework of paper we as a group then considered how ergonomics and affordances fit in to the activity we have chosen to use.
This exercise enabled us to decide for ourselves which components of ergonomics and affordances fit within our activity. The basis of this has now provided the structure for Part 2: Reflective Essay.

Paper/Craft:
This framework uses activities that are commonly known as hobbies. Because they are under the work framework, they are not necessary for living but can be necessary for individuals on a personal level.  

Ambience:
We also covered ambience briefly.

Ambiance is described by the Concise English Dictionary (1990) as "the mood, character, quality, tone, and atmosphere etc., particularly of an environment" (p.31).

I would describe ambience as the mood set when sculpting from hebel. This includes having time so therefore I am not rushing, the sun is bright and warming my back therefore it is bright and I am warm, I have the radio on and songs remind me of great times I have shared with family and friends. All of these factors afford a positive ambiance and atmosphere to create within.


Peer reviewing of students comments:
Here are some examples of the comments that I have made about other student’s activity blogs.  
                       
 Godhelp’s final blog post: “enjoying my guitar over the semester break”.

Cara said...
Hey Godhelp, yes I’m inspired too by your talent. You could possibly pop within your last and final blog a few comments from other student about your blog and comments that you have made to other students blogs. Cara :)


                 Nancy’s first blog entry: Introduction & Mindfulness.
Cara said...
Hi Nancy, I like the way that you have linked Occupational Therapy and described how cards could be used in this setting, there could be so many benefits! I also like the way you have used concepts of mindfulness. Do you think this would change a great deal (excuse the pun) if you were to play cards on your own? Cheers, Cara


                        Anna’s fifth blog entry: Work & Labour “Activity & Me”
Cara said...
Hi Anna, I really like the way that you have summarised the meaning of work & labour and also how you have described what cooking means to you. I agree with you, it definitely depends on how you look at it and what it means to the individual. It just makes me wonder how women from diverse cultures may view this. Cheers, Cara 


                                         Izabela’s final blog entry: Ethics
Cara said...
Hi Izabela, I believe as a practicing therapist you will sense the right amount of assistance and provide opportunities for your clients to develop or strengthen their skills depending on their abilities. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through your blogs and can appreciate what scrap booking provides you. Cara. 


All literature used within the six blogs:

Arendt, H. (1958).  The human condition.  (p.7). Chicago: Chicago University Press.

Bowden, T. 2000. The craft room: What’s going on in there? Taken from: Caulton, R.F. (Ed). (2003). The best of occupation 1993-2003. (p.14) Dunedin: Rogan McIndoe Print Ltd. 
  
Caulton R, Dickson R (2007) What's going on? Finding an explanation for what we do. In: J Creek, A Lawson-    Porter, eds. Contemporary issues in occupational therapy: reasoning and reflection. Chichester: John Wiley, 87-114. 
 
Christiansen, C. H. & Townsend E. A. (2004).  An introduction to occupation.  In  C. H   Christiansen & E. A. Townsend (Eds.), Introduction to occupation: The art and science of living (p. 255).  New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.

Crepeau, E. (2003). Analysing occupation and activity: A way of thinking about   occupational  performance. In, Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy (10th ed., pp.189-198). Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.

Green, T. F. (1968).  Work, leisure and the American schools. (p.99). New York: Random House. 

Hayward, L.A. & Sparkes, J.J. (1990). The Concise English Dictionary. (p.31) Fourth  edition, twelfth impression. Great Britian: Mackays of Chatham PLC.
 
Hendry, J. (2008). An introduction to social anthropology sharing our worlds (2nd ed.). (p.220-22). London: Palgrave MacMillian. 


 

Law, M. (Ed.). (1998). Client centered occupational therapy. (p.111). Thorofare,   NJ: SLACK Incorporated.
    

           Additional information:

           On a final note I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read through this blog and I hope you have learnt something about both hebel sculpture and my interpretation of this activity.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,

    I love the way that you have directly addressed the reader throughout your blog by greeting them with each entry you have made. It gave me the feeling that you were actually talking to me ... the photos that you have shared show your talent too ... just BEAUTIFUL!!

    Great Work Cara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Trina, I truely do appreciate your comments. Its quite incredible just how much more I now understand about my activity having been through this process. Im looking forward to the holidays and having time to create again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Cara,

    Reading you blog is really fun and interesting, I think you have such talent and I like how you've broken it down.

    I love the colours and the way you;ve set it out also :)

    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chloe,

    Thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete